[CentOS-devel] CentOS Streams q&a

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Tue Sep 24 18:24:22 UTC 2019

Okay, now that the release is out, and everything is announced properly.
I'm happy to answer questions about Stream.

Short version is: We're working with RHEL leadership to help make RHEL
development more transparent and collaborative with community engagement.

Lots of the engineering work is still "TBD" to make this happen, because
we wanted to design/develop this in public collaboration with RH as
possible.

On 9/24/19 5:45 AM, Lamar Owen wrote:
> So, now that Earth has caught up to the TARDIS......
>

> Would someone from the CentOS team like to explain CentOS Streams?  I
> saw an article at The NewStack yesterday that gave some info; oddly
> enough that article is giving a 404 right now, but Google still has it
> in cache.  But Johnny's statement a few days ago, and then this
> announcement, makes this new CentOS Streams business look interesting.
> I see a new directory on the mirrors called 8-stream with interesting
> content......

Jim Perrin