[CentOS-devel] os/ and kickstart/ seem identical on Centos 8?

Kaj Niemi kajtzu at a51.org
Thu Sep 26 10:37:58 UTC 2019

Hi Fabian,

Thanks for the quick response. Turns out that we had never used "-H" when rsyncing previous releases either, works now... :>

Just to be clear, with the structure currently being:

8.0.1905/AppStream/[arch]/kickstart/
8.0.1905/AppStream/[arch]/os/
8.0.1905/BaseOS/[arch]/kickstart/
8.0.1905/BaseOS/[arch]/os/
[ etc .. ]

- kickstart/ will never be updated while os/ is constantly updated? Thus, os contains whatever updates within the current release?
- So is it fair to say that the old updates directory will not exist at all in CentOS 8 like it did in previous versions?
- Is there a particular reason for the fasttrack directory, then?

What will happen when there is a new RHEL8 release and a CentOS release is created (I invented the year/month in the example) - will there be a new top-level directory like below:

8.1.1912/AppStream/[arch]/kickstart/
8.1.1912/AppStream/[arch]/os/
8.1.1912/BaseOS/[arch]/kickstart/
8.1.1912/BaseOS/[arch]/os/