[CentOS-devel] Booting CentOS 8 in a VM - can't find the disk

Ladar Levison ladar at lavabit.com
Fri Sep 27 12:22:06 UTC 2019

On 9/26/19 3:48 AM, Tristan Cacqueray wrote:
> FWIW I wasn't able to complete a regular install using the dvd with 2GB
> of ram, the interface froze before completion. Bumping to 4GB fixed the
> issue.

I believe that if you add "text" to the kernel boot parameters, you'll
get a text based version of the Anaconda installer. Or at least that
used to be the case.

I've included that parameter with my kickstart installs, and I get a
text installer (which might be because they're automated installs), but
I haven't tried supplying the option manually with this release yet.
I've also built VMs this way, for a variety of platforms, with only 2gb
of RAM, although I used the smaller boot CD, and a network repo to do it.

L~