[CentOS-devel] CentOS Streams q&a

Jim Perrin

jperrin at centos.org
Tue Sep 24 20:25:31 UTC 2019

On 9/24/19 11:50 AM, Fabiano Fidêncio wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 8:24 PM Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org> wrote:
>>
>> Okay, now that the release is out, and everything is announced properly.
>> I'm happy to answer questions about Stream.
>
> Does the Stream change the way to contributing to a specific package on CentOS?

"It depends". It's a snarky answer, but it's true.

> One of the main complaints from libosinfo consumers is how outdated
> the library is when CentOS is released (we have upstream releases of
> our database monthly). What would be the best way to get our library
> always up-to-date taking advantage of Streams?

We have to realize that stream is intended to target the next RHEL
release, so if you didn't see packages being rapidly rebased before, you
probably shouldn't expect that to change. If it's a simple fix, a
feature addition that you've backported, that sort of thing, then the
vision would be a pull request and discussion, with the goal of having
that merged in.

We're also looking at what this means for repos like fasttrack and our
SIG structures, as some things may be more applicable there.

--
Jim Perrin