[CentOS-devel] CBS and SIGs consuming CentOS 8 / Stream

Alain Reguera Delgado

alain.reguera at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 20:53:48 UTC 2019

On Wed, 2019-09-25 at 10:16 +0200, Niels de Vos wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 09:04:53AM +0200, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> > On 25/09/2019 08:47, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> > > how can SIGs start building their packages for the newly released
> > > CentOS 8 and CentOS Stream?

In Artwork SIG we may need to change modules to provide visual
consistency between elements provided by them. For example, to make
FreeIPA server web interface to look visually consistent with cockpit
web interface. Other cases may be detected in the future.

It looks like moving files that control distribution visual style and
branding out of modules may simplify the re-branding process, and help
us control it in a more humane way :) Nonetheless, modules seems to be
an evolution in the way we were traditionally creating packages and
brings great flexibility we didn't have previously, as far as I can
understand. So it is something we need to learn and master. In this
respect, we need to understand the system that makes module possible. I
hope this last thing receive all the attention it deserves, for
community sake.

Thank you all for all the work.
--
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera at gmail.com>