[CentOS-devel] CentOS 8 and codeready-developer repo

Xavier Bachelot

xavier at bachelot.org
Thu Sep 26 17:06:39 UTC 2019

Le 24/09/2019 à 23:21, Troy Dawson a écrit :
> Thanks to those who replied off-list.
>
> The PowerTools repo has the packages from codeready-developer repo.
>
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 2:15 PM Troy Dawson <tdawson at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> Where is the CentOS 8 codeready-developer equivalent repo?
>> I've looked through all the release notes I can find and don't see it
>> anywhere.  Nor does anything in "dnf repolist all" show anything.  (cr
>> stands for "continuous release" not "codeready")
>>
>> There are several developement things I cannot do on CentOS 8 without
>> that repo.  One of which is install the KDE desktop :)
>>
>> Troy Dawson

The PowerTools repo seems to suffer from the same missing -devel
packages as Code Ready Builder.
This has been causing trouble for people that tried to build packages
depending on these missing -devel.

Will that stay that way in CentOS, which is doomed to be an exact
replicate of RHEL ? In that case, could there be an additional repo to
host all the packages that get built but not published ?

Regards,
Xavier