[CentOS-devel] Origin RPMs for ppc64le

Mon Sep 9 08:28:11 UTC 2019
Daniel Comnea <comnea.dani at gmail.com>

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 1:03 PM Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org> wrote:

> On 06/09/2019 11:15, Peeyush Gupta wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > For koji builds for origin
> > package: https://cbs.centos.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=3175, I see
> > some builds have mulitarch package (including x86_64/aarch64/ppc64le
> > etc). But in the pass repo: http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/paas/, I
> > don't see any multi-arch option. There are only x86_64 packages.
> >
> > Is there is a way to make all these packages
> > (http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/paas/x86_64/openshift-origin311/)
> > available for other archs as well? What would be required to get this
> > done? I wold like to volunteer for any help required to get this done.
> >
> > Thanks and regards,
> > Peeyush Gupta
> >

> It's a PaaS SIG decision to add/remove arch to tags/targets in Koji/CBS.
> I see that those were enabled for 311 but not for 312 :
> https://cbs.centos.org/koji/taginfo?tagID=1494
> https://cbs.centos.org/koji/taginfo?tagID=1498
>
> [DC]: there was work done before the summer on 311 to enable multi-arch
and since we lack any resources on testing i know the folks @RH started to
run some tests internally.

Regarding 312 -> there won't be any newer release since 311 OKD was the
last one of 3.x.
As for 4.x at this point there are no plans to release it on m.o.c however
we'll review how things evolve over 6-12 months after we see the first drop
of OKD 4.x (currently doesn't exist)

Once packages are built, they are added to repos/tree at the koji side
> (through mash)
>
> For packages (tagged as -testing) to appear on
> https://buildlogs.centos.org , or for  those tagged as -release to
> appear on mirror.centos.org, SIG chair has to create PR against the
> following git repo, so that next time the signing process will be
> kicked, it will push those out after having signed the tree :
> https://git.centos.org/centos/cbs-content-control
>
> So, at this stage, it should be a discussion with the PaaS SIG chair.
> @Daniel : willing to comment on that ?
>
> *@Dennis* -> any chance you can let us know how the testing went ? Based
on your answer i'm happy to kick the process to push the multi-arch to
m.c.o repo