[CentOS-devel] CentOS 8/7.7

Tue Sep 10 12:56:36 UTC 2019
Karanbir Singh <kbsingh at centos.org>

hi Akshay,

I am going to guess your question is about CentOS Linux 8 and not 7 (
since all content for 7 is already posted ).

Since I've had a voice on this side, CentOS-4'ish timeframe, have tried
to make sure we dont ship something that isnt good-enough( ie, fair
quality, consumeable, deliverable, sustainable ). This has meant delays
as we work through challenges. We -do- have a great community and QA
team, and we've had awesome progress working through the bootstrap, as
was visible and reported publicly. But we have not been able to close
the last mile as fast as we would have liked, should not be taken as
were not trying to.

Over the last few weeks the CentOS board, Core SIG and QA teams have
been working flat out to get us to a good-enough point to release and
move forward, its just taking time.

Apprecaite the vote of confidence. And this list will be the first (
well, maybe centos-mirror will! ) to know as we move forward.

w.r.t the IBM question, I cant answer for them. Your best bet is to
reach out to the PR and Communication channels for IBM in your region
etc, and ask them.

disclaimer: While I do work for Red Hat, my role as project lead for
CentOS Project is removed from my dayjob and scope/role. My comments
here are presented as my role in the CentOS project.