[CentOS-devel] Booting CentOS 8 in a VM - can't find the disk

Wed Sep 25 21:35:36 UTC 2019
Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 06:40:43PM +0200, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> Can you share some of the machine specs ? so VM details like memory etc
> ? (in our initial tests, we found that it wasn't able to explode the
> initramfs and install.img for stage2 on VM with low memory specs)

In the original email:
https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2019-September/017813.html

but I've given the guest 2GB of RAM.  Do you think that's not enough?
I'll try more (but tomorrow, it's really late here).

> FWIW, this is the kickstart that was used for our own QA/validation
> tests for CentOS 8 :
>
> https://github.com/CentOS/sig-core-QA_harness_ansible/blob/master/templates/kickstarts/c8-kvm-guest.cfg.j2
>
> And here is the virt-install command that ansible generates when
> deploying the VM :
>
> https://github.com/CentOS/sig-core-QA_harness_ansible/blob/master/templates/ansible-virt-install.j2

Thanks, that's interesting, I'll compare them to mine and see if I can
see a difference.

Rich.