[CentOS-devel] CentOS 8 docker images

Fri Sep 27 14:00:02 UTC 2019
Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org>

On 9/27/19 6:29 AM, Brian Stinson wrote:

> Here's what we're working through:
>
> We have cloud and container images built, but we currently aren't happy
> with the base image size produced by our tooling.
>
> Both cloud and container images are in the QA process and we'll get them
> out as soon as they're ready.

To expand a bit on this, the "old" tooling at
https://github.com/CentOS/sig-cloud-instance-build produces a ~42MB
tarball, and an imported container space of around 210MB.

The exact same kickstart used through pungi/koji to automate the
container process produces a ~60MB tarball and a 360MB base container,
because several additional packages are included for ...reasons.

I'm likely going to publish the container produced the *old* way while
we debug the issues in the compose tooling.

--
Jim Perrin