[CentOS-devel] On leaving Red Hat

Jim Perrin

jperrin at centos.org
Wed Apr 15 20:01:34 UTC 2020

When I joined Red Hat in 2013, it was to help CentOS facilitate open
source communities such as RDO, oVirt, and others. In the years since,
my goal grew to include helping Red Hat develop more openly, and to help
align the value CentOS provides with the needs of Red Hat.

With Red Hat’s increased investment, focus, and interest in CentOS
Stream, I feel like this has been successful. While the work is far from
finished, I’m confident that the CentOS team in coordination with other
RHEL teams will see it through. Much like Mary Poppins, when people
you’re helping are doing the right things, it’s time to move on.
Therefore, I intend to leave Red Hat, and my last day will be May 8th.

While I’ve very much enjoyed causing trouble at the Hat, it’s time for
me to put this skill to use elsewhere. Don't worry or read too much into
this. I’m not going far, and I’ll still be active in the community.

--
Jim Perrin