[CentOS-devel] re/building Samba from git sources

Phil Perry

pperry at elrepo.org
Thu Apr 23 20:48:09 UTC 2020

On 23/04/2020 20:06, R P Herrold wrote:

<snip>

> ### at this point, either version should be able to attain a
> new SRPM .. it does not
>
> [herrold at centos-8 samba]$ rpmbuild --nodeps --define "%_topdir `pwd`" -bs SPECS/samba.spec
> error: Bad source: /home/herrold/centos-git-common/samba/SOURCES/samba/samba-4.10.4.tar.xz:
> No such file or directory
> [herrold at centos-8 samba]$
>

> #### Note the addition of the extra 'samba/' in the path
>
> the tarball is there, but something is munging the correct
> path to it
>
> [herrold at centos-8 samba]$ find -name samba-4.10.4.tar.xz
> ./SOURCES/samba-4.10.4.tar.xz
> [herrold at centos-8 samba]$
>

> I do not live and breathe CentOS' approaches any more, but the
> somewhat snotty remark earlier in this thread to consult the
> web page seems not to work

I'm unable to spot where you are going wrong (other than your attitude),
but following the documentation works fine for me so I personally
welcomed the well informed pointer to the current documentation.

Hopefully you have not put off other potential helpers who may be able
to offer more solution focused advice other than it works for me.