[CentOS-devel] building modules

Stephen John Smoogen

smooge at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 13:22:23 UTC 2020

On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 at 09:02, Leon Fauster via CentOS-devel <
centos-devel at centos.org> wrote:

> Am 27.04.20 um 14:12 schrieb Stephen John Smoogen:
> >

> > On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 at 13:33, Tane Adam <tadam at scalecomputing.com
> > <mailto:tadam at scalecomputing.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi. I was wondering if someone here can provide some guidance on how
> >     I can rebuild modules on CentOS (locally)?
> >

> > I wish I had a better answer than this, but currently I have no
> > guidance. None of the repositories I use have this package in it and
> > when I tried to get it into EPEL it had a very long dependency chain
> > with some packages that needed maintainers able to support it in EPEL.
> > At the moment, I think that it is going to take a lot of work in a copr
> > to build out all the packages needed.
>
> Is module-build-service needed inside or outside of a mock environment?

It runs outside of the mock environment. You rebuild a module as a set of
packages and this service is meant to the heavy lifting of various mock
running, sending appropriate definitions to the mocks so they know what to
pull etc etc.

> --
> Leon

Stephen J Smoogen.