[CentOS-devel] Centos 8.1 - missing src.rpms/debuginfos (again)

Dominique Martinet

dominique.martinet at cea.fr
Tue Apr 28 06:08:31 UTC 2020

Dominique Martinet wrote on Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 12:04:22PM +0200:
> And at the risk of being insistent the same applies to debuginfo, there
> is no kernel-debuginfo-4.18.0-147.8* on debuginfo.centos.org :(
>
> (This is annoying because just rebuilding doesn't cut it as the build
> isn't reproductible, so you have to be using the rebuilt rpm everywhere
> before crashes happen to make any use of kdumps... And dnf doesn't let
> you reinstall the currently running kernel to make things even more
> unpleasant...)

Sorry for "spamming", it's been a week and I would appreciate an answer
even if it's just a "we're looking at it and it'll come eventually".

The files do exist somewhere (I would assume on koji[1]? hard to check
with files being forbidden for download, and nothing on buildlog[2] or
old open koji[3] -- it looks like core centos8 and SIGs get differential
treatment?), so it's probably just a matter of moving some data... I can
understand doing it right™ takes some time but please say so! :)

[1] https://koji.mbox.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=7131
[2] https://buildlogs.centos.org/
[3] https://cbs.centos.org/koji/

> I can understand infra problems during major releases or saving bandwith
> or something, but this really ought to be automated for package updates,
> especially because you're so short-handed.
>
> It's easy to be patronizing as an outsider and I appologize for this but
> I do not see where I/people could help on this kind of problems without
> any kind of access.

My (admitedly not very clear) offer to help for technical tasks also
still stand, nothing on the contribute[4] page is much technical except
for points which do not seem to apply to centos8 (#2 testing refers to
buildlog for example...)

[4] https://wiki.centos.org/Contribute

--
Dominique