[CentOS-devel] Staging CentOS website redesign

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Wed Apr 29 20:33:32 UTC 2020

On 29/04/2020 20:22, Rich Bowen wrote:
> I'd like to once again bring this thread to the attention of the board.
> What is the process for making this happen? Who has the authority to say
> go/no-go on this?
>
> Alain presented this to us on 9 Feb and again on 18 March, and received
> very little feedback from anyone.
>
> As one of the people who regularly edits the website, I am
> enthusiastically +1 on both the new design, and on the new Jekyll-based
> workflow.
>
> I'd like to hear +1/-1 and comments from the community, but particularly
> from the Board, regarding whether Alain and the Infra team have approval
> to move forward with this.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --Rich
<snip>

Well you already know that it's a huge +1 from me ...
I know the Board used initially the "lazy consensus" rule, meaning that
if nobody said -1 (or so stayed silent) that was an automatic +1. Don't
know if rules changed but I'd be in favor of new web style.
Last item to update would be the actual content that was modified after
Alain did an import on his git repo.

After that, it would be good to migrate to
git.centos.org/centos/centos.org git repo and work from there ?

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab