[CentOS-devel] conflicts in yum repos

Troy Dawson

tdawson at redhat.com
Fri Apr 17 14:54:16 UTC 2020

So, it looks like you are using CentOS Stream, and still have the
regular CentOS repositories enabled.
Which, last time I installed CentOS Stream, was the default.

My opinion:  I think if you install CentOS Stream, you should have
only the CentOS Stream repo's enabled by default.
(^^ This is a note to the CentOS Stream developers)
Having the other repositories enabled just messes things up, like this example.

Anyway, for my stream machines, I do the following after an install.

dnf config-manager --disable AppStream
dnf config-manager --disable BaseOS
dnf config-manager --disable extras
dnf config-manager --disable PowerTools
dnf config-manager --enable Stream-PowerTools