[CentOS-devel] building modules

Stephen John Smoogen

smooge at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 12:12:41 UTC 2020

On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 at 13:33, Tane Adam <tadam at scalecomputing.com> wrote:

> Hi. I was wondering if someone here can provide some guidance on how I can
> rebuild modules on CentOS (locally)?

I wish I had a better answer than this, but currently I have no guidance.
None of the repositories I use have this package in it and when I tried to
get it into EPEL it had a very long dependency chain with some packages
that needed maintainers able to support it in EPEL.  At the moment, I think
that it is going to take a lot of work in a copr to build out all the
packages needed.

> I found the instructions here
>

> https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/modularity/making-modules/building-modules-locally/
>
> But I'm not sure it applies directly on CentOS. For example I can locate
> 'module-build-service'.
>
> Any help or advice appreciated.
> Tane.

Stephen J Smoogen.