[CentOS-devel] Packages missing in SCLo Testing Repository on buildlogs

Tue Apr 28 13:00:26 UTC 2020
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 28/04/2020 14:25, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On 28/04/2020 11:23, Diego Abelenda wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to sync SCLo Testing repository in Katello, to have a local
>> mirror of the repository. And sadly Katello is unable to sync the
>> repository because a number of packages are missing (I have
>> contradictory error messages).
>>

>> Katello sync status is "New packages: 189 (187 MB). Failed to download
>> 189 packages." and the Foreman Task error message is "
>>
>> An error occurred during the sync
>>
>> {"url"=> "https://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/sclo/x86_64/sclo/Packages/s/sclo-cassandra3-Cython-debuginfo-0.27.1-2.el7.x86_64.rpm", "errors"=>["Not Found"]}
>>

> Well, yes, package wasn't pushed, because all *debuginfo* pkgs are
> pushed elsewhere (debuginfo.centos.org), like src.rpm are also pushed
> elsewhere (vault.centos.org).
>
> That pkg was so automatically pushed to
> http://debuginfo.centos.org/centos/7/sclo/x86_64/sclo-cassandra3-Cython-debuginfo-0.27.1-2.el7.x86_64.rpm
>
> But the real question would be : normally debuginfo repodata are
> separate and so such pkgs aren't even in normal repodata. Is that what
> you are seeing ?

Second "after lunch coffee cup" had effect, so now reading this correctly.
For -testing it's even different as we don't even push src.rpm nor
debuginfo to {vault,debuginfo}.centos.org. The only reason why it's
showing up on debuginfo.c.o is because it was also then tagged to
-release, so triggering the rpm sign + push to mirror.centos.org (and so
external mirrors)

After a quick repoquery on buildlogs repodata, I see what was wrong and
so corrected that now. Hopefully that will be fixed in the next minutes
(basically koji wasn't splitting the debuginfo from repodata, like it
does for -release) but the way pkgs are pushed, the rsync filter was
indeed not pushing such *debuginfo* pkgs

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab