[CentOS-devel] CBS : builders migration (already done, nothing to worry about)

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Mon Aug 10 12:37:08 UTC 2020

Hi,

On my backlog for quite some time, there was need to migrate existing
CBS/koji builders to new(er) hardware/hosts.
When I moved items from backlog to the new place, I so imported this one
: https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issue/52

This mail is just a "FYI" as nobody should have noticed any service
disruption, as each kojid instance was migrated while no job was
running, so disabled, migrated, enabled back in the pool and so on.

Hopefully you still *should* notice some speed improvements, including
for build jobs (newer/faster nodes) and surely because local storage for
these builders is SSD backed (instead of old SAS disks on 8y+ nodes).

Same rule applies for the distrepo tasks, as we now have multiple nodes
in the "createrepo" channel, with access to the koji NFS share now over
10Gbit ethernet (while it' was limited to 1Gbit on older nodes). That
was possible because of the previous storage migration that happened
last week :
https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2020-August/055981.html

Should you encounter any issue, (but we're ran several --scratch builds)
, feel free to reply to this email, drop on #centos-devel irc channel on
irc.freenode.net, or even better now (really!), create a ticket on
https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issues.

Happy building !
--
Fabian Arrotin