[CentOS-devel] Update announcement question (6, 7, and 8)

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Fri Aug 28 18:13:56 UTC 2020

On 8/27/20 9:55 AM, BC wrote:
> I have noticed some email announcements missing recently. Just to
> mention a few, the 3.10.0-1127.19.1.el7, 2.6.32-754.31.1.el6, and
> 2.6.32-754.33.1.el6 kernels. I'm just wondering if there was a reason
> behind this I wasn't aware of or if it was a fluke or whatever.

We have scripts that allow us to announce CentOS-6 and CentOS-7 updates
.. we do not hav any for CetnOS-8.

Our scripts need this page to be functioning properly when they are run:

https://access.redhat.com/errata/#/

If we do not get good announments from the API of that page, we have to
wait until the site is fixed.  I will try to see if the announcements
work now (they did not on the day of release).

> As to the RSS feed for 8, I'm using feeds.centos.org/ via liferea and
> some updates come weeks after. Is this a known issue or is my setup
> perhaps broken? Does anyone else see the same behavior?

It is a known issue.  Modules are extremely hard right now.  We have to
bootstrap them, test that they link properly, etc.  CentOS Linux 8 is
going to lag, especially for modules.

> Thanks for all the hard work!

We are doing our best .. wish we could do more.