[CentOS-devel] Reminder: CentOS 6 EOL on 30 November 2020

David Duncan

davdunc at amazon.com
Thu Dec 3 04:55:07 UTC 2020

Karanbir Singh writes:

> On 02/12/2020 17:04, Laurențiu Păncescu wrote:
>>

>> On 12/2/20 10:45 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>>> Just to let you all know that starting from today, mirrorlist.centos.org
>>> nodes answer "Invalid release/repo/arch combination" and also that
>>> content was removed from mirrors.
>>> Johnny pushed the last updates yesterday, that went out to external
>>> mirrors .
>>
>> Shouldn't we also delete centos/6 from Vagrant Cloud, and possibly
>> official images hosted by e.g. Amazon Marketplace, Docker Registry, etc.?
>
> I've removed the vagrant image, and sent a requst for the AMP listing to
> be removed.

On the AMP side, we will archive the listing, meaning that the AWS
Marketplace will not accept net new subscribers. That means that any
currently subscribed customer can continue to access the machine image
(AMI) that they have been using, but anyone who was not yet a subscriber
to the AWS Marketplace listing will not be able to add the CentOS 6
product as a new subscription. This is already in motion as a result of
KB's request and the expected scheduling.

--
David Duncan                        | Working from Austin, TX
Partner Solutions Architect.        | +1-512-507-9268, +1-423-771-9529