[CentOS-devel] https://blog.centos.org/2020/12/future-is-centos-stream/

Sergio Belkin

sebelk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 19:01:46 UTC 2020

El jue, 10 dic 2020 a las 15:25, Ljubomir Ljubojevic (<centos at plnet.rs>)
escribió:

> On 12/10/20 1:19 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > It would be disingenuous to say Stream won't have bugs.  All software
> > development has bugs.  However, the "development and testing" part
> > actually extends to the development and testing of the software *you*
> > are developing.  Stream exists as a base for you to do your own
> > development and testing.
> >

> What is with you Red Hat people and "developers"? Do you really live in
> a fairy-tale world where every Linux user is a "developer"?
>
> All my ranting I am to commit will be explained at the end of the rant.
>
> I started as simple Windows admin and Delphi programmer that in 2004
> became small WISP and needed Firewall/router/Web&Mail server. So I
> installed ClarkConnect 4 and had to learn iptables to overcome CC's web
> config. In 2007 I started experimenting with standalone Linux system and
> in 2008 installed C5 web/mail/NFS/Samba server and Desktop systems and
> was forced to learn how to use them and configure them.
>
> Then I learned how to harden Postfix, how to install and maintain Joomla
> and webshop, then I started learning programming in BASH with ncurses
> and multidimensional arrays to create TUI script to manage my Wireless
> routers (ping, trace, backup, login,...).
>
> Then I needed another server but because I did not have enough money I
> ended up creating KVM host/guest, but because my only server was 32-bit
> and RHEL dropped support for 32-bit KVM hosts, I studied and learned
> from internet how to build KVM kmod module for 32-bit CPU/kernel (some
> Hungarian? guy in CentOS community explained it in detail). Everything I
> learned was when I NEEDED it, and I did it all by my self.
>
> After building KVM module and learning how to compile/package rpm's, I
> decided to rebuild some packages from Fedora to have more tools for my
> Desktop CentOS 5. I ended up producing around 70 packages including
> packaging Skype with static libraries into rpm. I was only person in the
> world to do it, and since almost no one used CentOS 5 as Desktop/laptop,
> only few people used it. I ended up creating "DentOS" repository with
> those Desktop packages which mostly only I installed to friends and
> clients. And my clients were not rich (I am from Serbia and legal
> software in companies is even today only 30-40%) so even getting them to
> but a PC for RAID file server needed persuading.
> I was one of rare ones to create RAID out of partitions and not disks.
> Why? Because I needed
>
> Then I needed to learn some PHP and Python, so I did. I was one of very
> rare ISP's in my country to provide sending mail via port 587 (with SSL)
> because largest ISP's allowed sending e-mail for accounts on their mail
> servers only from inside their own networks and only on port 25. I was
> shocked to learn of that, but I was pushing the envelope just like I was
> only one in Serbian Linux community to use CentOS for Desktop/laptop.
>
> So even though I was actively preaching about bigger CentOS use to
> [...]
It's the DEVops fairytale. With **DEV** in uppercase and bold and ops with
lowercase, despite that as 'we' sysadmins have to solve the disasters made
by brilliant developers.
DEVops is the flogisto of the new age (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phlogiston_theory). And everyone that
challenges must be sent to the bonfire...
Some people think  that Facebook reality it's the entire IT world reality.

Sergio Belkin
LPIC-2 Certified - http://www.lpi.org