[CentOS-devel] Before You Get Mad About The CentOS Stream Change, Think About…

Julien Pivotto

roidelapluie at inuits.eu
Thu Dec 17 00:05:12 UTC 2020

On 16 Dec 17:51, Mike McGrath wrote:

> I think Red Hat did everything we could to stress that this rebuild was
> community supported and best effort.

That's the point. It does not seem a community decision. It happened in
the board and every occasion I can think about, we were told CentOS
Linux would stay as it.

What we are seeing in the unfortunate new rebuilds is that
there is still a community willing to support this.

I am not saying that we won't try stream, but I would have like to have
it at full steam speed before this announcement, and when it is fully
working, then, having one year to switch.

--
Julien Pivotto