[CentOS-devel] Can the CentOS Stream FAQ be updated

Lamar Owen

lowen at pari.edu
Thu Dec 17 20:51:35 UTC 2020

On 12/17/20 3:02 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> It was indeed one HUGE change that the CentOS Board negotiated for.

Honestly, it's the only thing that makes the situation the tiniest bit
palatable.  Kudos to the Board, and a big thanks to Red Hat for agreeing
to do that.  While 5 years is not as good as 10, it's better than 2 or 3.

As I've been composing my email to the centos-questions at redhat.com
address, I went back through my local archive of a to-be-nameless
mailing list with NDA-covered information, and ran across the
pre-release notice of the post-Shrike (well, there's a city name in
there, too, but I speak not of such locales) change in Red Hat Linux
moving away from a boxed set product and more into a semi-stable dynamic
development distribution with comprehensive community involvement,
taking the old Fedora.us repo name as its own.  Given the long time
since that announcement, it is a really interesting read.  Obviously I'm
not going to post snippets, but the public announcement isn't hard to
find.  Much gnashing of teeth ensued then, too, but look at what Fedora
has become!  I hope CentOS Stream finds its way as well as Fedora did.