[CentOS-devel] Balancing the needs around the CentOS platform

Nico Kadel-Garcia

nkadel at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 03:54:31 UTC 2020

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 4:15 PM Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com> wrote:

> I promise: You do not understand RHEL better than Matthew Miller does.
> Just stop for a moment and listen to him.  You might learn something new.

I might indeed learn something from him. Let him say it himself, eh? I
might be a bit crotchety about this, but I'm pointing out details and
facts. Take it as the MIT vs. Harvard approach: at presentations, the
Harvard people identify themselves and their department before they
ask a question. The MIT people just say "you violated the second law
of thermodynamics on page two....." If you're curious, look me up:
I've deployed many thousands of Red Hat based systems for more than 20
years.
> You just ridiculed Matthew, and then repeated the point that he was
> making, using your own words.

Mark Mielke covered most of this, no need to repeat his analysis or mine

Matthew, did I insult you or offend you in some way? Feel free to let
me know privately if I did, I don't want to be a *jerk* to people
trying to explain what they see.