[CentOS-devel] Before You Get Mad About The CentOS Stream Change, Think About…

Nico Kadel-Garcia

nkadel at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 22:30:01 UTC 2020

On Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 2:42 PM Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 09:34:09PM +0200, Strahil Nikolov via CentOS-devel wrote:
> > > centos-questions at redhat.com
> > Yeah, and only an automatic response is received.
>
> I assure you it goes to real people. It's just kind of overwhelming for them
> right now.

Be nice to them, too. Senior engineers who answer such lines give up
*very quickly* if they get yelled at. Being compelled to support a
foolish idea is soul draining. Being forced to explain something very
sensible to someone who refuses to listen can cause strokes. Working
with someone who sounds weird but actually knows what they're talking
about and leads you to the solution you never heard of.... is
educational and why some of us like answering help lines after decades
in the business.