[CentOS-devel] More Queries: CentOS 8 Stream Migration from CentOS 8 Linux

Agarwal, Swati

Swati.Agarwal at harman.com
Mon Dec 21 02:06:21 UTC 2020

Can anyone from CentOS Team help me in answering below queries ??

Hi Team,

Some more queries:

Question 1:
We have checked and found the package(anaconda) which is available on https://git.centos.org/ has two branches c8 and c8s.
The version of anaconda package on c8 branch and the rpm version of anaconda package available on vault and redhat are same.

But we have also found
The package available in c8s branch does not exist on vault and redhat why ?

In future the c8 will not exist and packages will be available in c8s. If the package will not be available on c8s so we should consider that the package is not developed yet ??
So how to handle this case please assist here as soon as possible.

Question 2:
We have seen a case where c8 branch does not exist but the package has c8-stream-x.
So we would like to know what is the difference between c8s and c8-stream-x ? And we have found the package which is available on c8-stream-x the same package package is available on vault and redhat ? So in future we know c8 wont exist so from which branch we need to clone the package ??

-Br
Swati