[CentOS-devel] Balancing the needs around the CentOS platform

Mark Mielke

mark.mielke at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 00:58:07 UTC 2020

On Mon, Dec 21, 2020 at 7:53 PM Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I can appreciate that you are not aware of this problem
> Dude.  I'm trying to be civil.  I'm not really sure if there's a polite
> way to point out that a whole lot of your arguments seem to conclude and
> rest on your perception of yourself as the keeper of secret knowledge.
> You're not, and it's kind of rude.

Of course you conveniently snipped where I said "or you don't agree it
should be a problem."

It's hard to conclude else, when you only seem to remember actual
problems after I raise them. If from the start you had said "I totally
get why you need minor versions, here is proof", then we wouldn't be
in an argument. Instead, you over simplify and say things like "it's
merely semantic versioning" or "maybe people can't change". These are
statements that somebody who does not understand would make.

So, I'll take you at your word that you understand, and you knew about
this information - but then please, start allowing for it earlier in
the discussion.

--
Mark Mielke <mark.mielke at gmail.com>