[CentOS-devel] Before You Get Mad About The CentOS Stream Change, Think About…

Mike McGrath

mmcgrath at redhat.com
Wed Dec 23 12:24:34 UTC 2020

On Tue, Dec 22, 2020, 11:56 PM Strahil Nikolov via CentOS-devel <
centos-devel at centos.org> wrote:

> В 20:13 -0600 на 22.12.2020 (вт), Mike McGrath написа:
>

> On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 7:14 PM Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
>

> And herein lies the problem.  I'm doing my best to answer questions.  You
> are angry and have directed your anger at me, all of which is completely
> understandable.  I could do without the namecalling but if you can't help
> yourself, I get it.  I'm here doing my best to make sure people understand
> what is going on.  And you're right, one of the many factors that went into
> this decision was business health and yes, as you point out, revenue is
> tied to business health.  The problem is you've made several uninformed
> claims about Red Hat's business.  For one, infrastructure revenues, as were
> publicly reported up through last year, have remained basically the same
> for years at Red Hat.
>

> Sorry for the self reply, I realized this last sentence was sufficiently
> ambiguous that I'd clarify it.  Infrastructure revenues had constant
> growth, not significantly up or down.  Anyway, we are now WAY off-topic for
> a -devel list so for those that want to know more about how to read form
> 10k's and public SEC documents, find me on IRC after the new year :)
>

> Hey Mike,
>
> Is there a chance to prolong the Stream's life any further ? Maybe with a
> SIG ?
> I think that if stream's life was a little bit longer , Stream could have
> a better adoption .
>
> Best Regards,
> Strahil Nikolov

Low chance but not impossible.  We just shook things up and the results of
that shakeup are a little unclear.  The question for a longer lifecycle on
stream will depend entirely on why one of the soon-to-be announced RHEL
programs won't work for you.  So that's a discussion for another time.

       -Mike