[CentOS-devel] Package AppStreams variants in CentOS Stream?

Leon Fauster

leonfauster at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 30 14:44:12 UTC 2020

Am 30.12.20 um 14:27 schrieb Josh Boyer:
> On Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 9:51 AM Leon Fauster via CentOS-devel
> <centos-devel at centos.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hey,
>>
>> corresponding to CentOS 8 Stream: will ALL package/module versions
>> for the different AppStreams be available? Some appstreams are only
>> available as latest version (maven, nginx, perl, php).
>
> All of the modules available in RHEL should be available in Stream,
> and Stream will have modules that are not in a released RHEL version
> yet as well.  You can see this in the yum module list output below.
> Note that e.g. postgresql:13 is not released in RHEL yet.  (The dnf
> output formatting seems to be fairly broken right now, but you should
> get the idea.)
>
> If you can't see the newer versions of maven, nginx, perl, or php,
> perhaps you have a stale mirror or haven't enabled those streams?

Hi Josh,

okay I see. I was coming from the git path where I do not see such
appstreams. What happens when CentOS Linux is EOL? I assume c8 repos
are the main sources until it get changed for next point release (c8s) ...?

Just to illustrate:

CentOS Linux git:

$ for repo in maven nginx perl php; do pushd $repo ;  git branch -r
|grep c8-s ; popd > /dev/null ; done

~/centos/maven ~/centos
   origin/c8-stream-201801
   origin/c8-stream-201902
   origin/c8-stream-3.5
   origin/c8-stream-3.6
~/centos/nginx ~/centos
   origin/c8-stream-1.14
   origin/c8-stream-1.16
   origin/c8-stream-1.18
~/centos/perl ~/centos
   origin/c8-stream-5.24
   origin/c8-stream-5.26
   origin/c8-stream-5.3
   origin/c8-stream-5.30
~/centos/php ~/centos
   origin/c8-stream-7.2
   origin/c8-stream-7.3
   origin/c8-stream-7.4

vs CentOS Stream

$ for repo in maven nginx perl php; do pushd $repo ;  git branch -r
|grep c8s-s ; popd > /dev/null ; done

~/centos/maven ~/centos
   origin/c8s-stream-201801
   origin/c8s-stream-3.6