[CentOS-devel] https://blog.centos.org/2020/12/future-is-centos-stream/

Tue Dec 8 19:10:19 UTC 2020
Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>

Am 08.12.20 um 19:07 schrieb Rich Bowen:

> On 12/8/20 12:07 PM, Phelps, Matthew wrote:
>>
>> I still haven't seen an answer to the question, "Who made this
>> decision?" and, "How can we lobby to get it changed?"+
>
> The Board of Directors of the CentOS project voted on this decision.
>
> You are *currently* lobbying to get it changed.

IIRC "Stream" is placed as entry point for a better engagement of the
community. I wonder what the definition of community is. Johnny
mentioned Intel and Facebook. Here at least, I miss a open and honest
statement about truth of this change. The majority of CentOS Linux
installations are not managed by big players.

+1 for suspending this until next RHEL major release

--
Leon