[CentOS-devel] https://blog.centos.org/2020/12/future-is-centos-stream/

Tue Dec 8 20:00:36 UTC 2020
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 12/8/20 1:44 PM, Leon Fauster via CentOS-devel wrote:
> Am 08.12.20 um 20:39 schrieb Mauricio Tavares:

>>> That is NO different that now.  We build CentOS updates after they are
>>> released in RHEL and then the source code is pushed to git.centos.org
>>> .. we always have.
>>>
>>> This is no different.  The security updates will be pushed to stream
>>> after they have been pushed to RHEL .. just like now.
>>
>>        So it will get package upgrades first because it is supposed to
>> be RHEL +0.1 but will get security patches later since in that aspect
>> it is RHEL -0.1.
>

> Good catch. In the old days of CentOS the "security" gap was "only"
> while building a point release. Now, the gap expands gradually over
> the life of a point release. Important fact ...

It isn't , it is faster.  Or at least the same. You are not waiting
until the next point release is done .. you are waiting until teh RHSA
is complete and then when the source code is put into git.centos.org for
c8 branch ... the same patch or a differnt patch *if the rpm in stream
is newer) is then rolled into stream