[CentOS-devel] Before You Get Mad About The CentOS Stream Change, Think About…

Thu Dec 17 09:33:37 UTC 2020
Mark Mielke <mark.mielke at gmail.com>

On Thu., Dec. 17, 2020, 3:40 a.m. Peter Eckel, <lists at eckel-edv.de> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> > How can Red Hat eliminating what CentOS already was, to permit somebody
> else to start over from scratch without being allowed to use the branding
> and restarting the legal concerns, be considered a win /win?
>
> probably I should have inserted a <sarcasm> tag :-)

Probably when I noted you were not @redhat.com and I had a brief quizzical
look on my face, I should have presumed sarcasm. 😂

Unfortunately those sort of statements are coming from others minus
sarcasm. Sigh.

The only point of discussion is to change the outcome. But at this point I
think we are just ranting. They didn't ask for community opinion before
making the decision, and they don't want to know the community opinion
after. This is purely damage control at this point.

We will vote with our feet.