[CentOS-devel] Balancing the needs around the RHEL platform

Mon Dec 28 00:36:28 UTC 2020
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <centos at plnet.rs>

> The simplest solution for these use cases is to actually report a bug
> against RHEL and/or CentOS Stream and make sure it is reproducible. This
> would be the quickest way to get the issue backed out or fixed in a
> number of days. There are means to remove broken packages from RHEL
> composes and I hope we'd have a way to propagate those 'removals' to
> CentOS Stream.
>
> This is something worth raising as a feature request if it doesn't exist
> yet.

Several people explained how bug reports like that tend end up without
solution and even response while Red hat continues to do what they
want... So I would not hold my breath that community is going to jump
through hoops any more. Majority will just migrate to another clone,
leaving developers to play "find the bug" with Red Hat.

Btw., we were warned that many Red Hat people who can decide about these
kind of issues are on a holiday so those who want a debate about Stream
issues are generally waiting for holidays to pass.

--
Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)