[CentOS-devel] Unshipped -devel packages in CentOS Linux

Nico Kadel-Garcia

nkadel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 04:59:27 UTC 2020

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 7:05 PM Tane Adam <tadam at scalecomputing.com> wrote:

> Hi CentOS devs. Was there any resolution to this issue?
>
> I'm trying to rebuild krb5 but am running into trouble as libss-devel is
> not available in 8.
>
> Any help or advice appreciated.

I've run into this with quota-devel, which Red Hat doesn't ship with
RHEL 9, either. The upstream decision at Red Hat not to publish devel
packages used to build RPMs which they do publish is.... Well, it's a
reason not to sign a support contract if we have to build things
ourselves because Red Hat specifically elected not to include packages
that they build as part of open source tools and rely on, internally.