[CentOS-devel] SIG Key Needed

Matthias Runge

mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Thu Feb 20 07:08:50 UTC 2020

On 18/02/2020 16:44, Irina Boverman wrote:
> I need keys created for a Messaging Sig. I filled request back in Oct.
> '19, but it is still outstanding. Can someone assist in creating this key?
> https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=16198
> --
> Regards, Irina.

Irina,

there is a key created and I have a centos-release-messaging package
prepared (scratch-build is done as well), but until we have a mirror
setup, there is not much use for the package. So, next step is to get
the mirror space set up. I found for that step [1], but had no time to
look at that in more detail yet.

The paths are somewhat to be chosen by the SIG. I would like the CentOS
project to define that kind of details. At the end, users are interested
in getting the content; from a user perspective, there should be no
difference, whether a package comes from
mirror.centos.org/../messaging8/qpid-.../ or from
mirror.centos.org/../messaging8/ (without the component name).

Matthias

[1] https://wiki.centos.org/SIGGuide#Releasing_to_the_Mirror_Network