[CentOS-devel] CentOS website redesign ideas

Alain Reguera Delgado

alain.reguera at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 14:40:06 UTC 2020

Hi Rich,

On Thu, 2020-02-27 at 08:23 -0500, Rich Bowen wrote:
> I wanted to bump the thread to check on status and timelines, as I'm
> working on a new section of the site (/stream) and don't want to have
> to do the work twice.

Presently, the source of true is www.centos.org. You would not
duplicate work (I would do :) until the new site be approved. The new
website redesign is in a request-for-comments stage. There is no
timeline a.f.a.i.k but a well defined direction of taking what we have
in www.centos.org and re-remodel it using Jekyll, implement a more
plain design using Bootstrap 4 standards and see what comes up. All
this with other CentOS websites in mind (eg., mailing lists, mirrors,
etc.)

The website redesign can be tested locally in your workstation. Its
code is in Github where pull requests can be considered to introduce
changes collaboratively.

To open issues, send comments or any sort of feedback you could provide
would be of great motivation to keep going.

Thanks,
--
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera at gmail.com>