[CentOS-devel] CentOS website redesign ideas

Alain Reguera Delgado

alain.reguera at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 16:18:00 UTC 2020

On Thu, 2020-02-27 at 10:44 -0500, Rich Bowen wrote:
> Ok, then let me ask the question differently. Is there a chance that
> we can get this live by April 27th, for Red Hat Summit? What would
> need to happen for that to happen?

In the client side:

- The downloads links are a major work still missing. I need help to
define this considering the matrix presented in the new design.

- The content it self needs some re-check for consistency and redaction
improvements. On titles mainly.

- Do some QA in the code, clean it.

In the server side:

- We need to stage the site in a production-like environment and test
using podman or something else to run it. Here we need to consider what
git repo the site will be hosted in and implement the update flow to be
sure it works on production.

This is what comes on top of my mind. We could reach a basic level of
acceptability before April 27th, then iterate through small fixes to
introduce improvements, once published, as needed.

--
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera at gmail.com>