[CentOS-devel] centos-release-ceph-nautilus package for el8

Giulio Fidente

gfidente at redhat.com
Mon Feb 10 11:54:50 UTC 2020

On 2/10/20 12:24 PM, Niels de Vos wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 11:30:15AM +0100, Giulio Fidente wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> storage-sig managed to rebuild / crosstag all ceph nautilus deps into
>> storage8-ceph-nautilus-candidate [1] target thanks to the new el8 buildroot
>>
>> many thanks to all the people who worked hard to get the el8 buildroot
>> working; we're hoping to see soon ceph nautilus tested on el8 in quite a
>> few openstack jobs thanks to the new packages
>>
>> we can't build the centos-release-ceph-nautilus package to provision the
>> .repo files for el8 though [2] because the build target we expected to
>> have for that "core8-extras-common-el8.centos" doesn't exist yet
>>
>> do people have ideas/plans on how to get the -release package built and
>> distributed?
>
> Be aware that the centos-release-ceph-nautilus should have a dependency
> on centos-release-storage-common which contains the public key for the
> Storage SIG packages.
>
> I expect that the repository for the package still needs to be migrated
> to git.centos.org too: https://github.com/CentOS-Storage-SIG/centos-release-storage-common
> Was there a document that describes how to do this?
hi Niels,

yeah it does have a dep and the -common package should also be rebuilt
for el8 but, like -release, can't

btw the -release package itself has just been updated [1]

thanks for helping!

1.
https://github.com/CentOS-Storage-SIG/centos-release-ceph/commit/535b3cd8dd083c8eacccb1ec090d8f86b193a171
--