[CentOS-devel] CPE Weekly: 2020-02-08

Sat Feb 8 21:39:00 UTC 2020
Aoife Moloney <amoloney at redhat.com>

Hi everyone,

Welcome (back!) to the CPE team weekly project update mail!

There was a break on this email blast of two weeks to facilitate team
travel to DevConf & FosDem, but we are back in action again from this
week onwards :)

Background:

The Community Platform Engineering group is the Red Hat team combining
IT and release engineering from Fedora and CentOS. Our goal is to keep
core servers and services running and maintained, build releases, and
other strategic tasks that need more dedicated time than volunteers
can give.

For better communication, we will be giving weekly reports to the
CentOS and Fedora communities about the general tasks and work being
done.  Also for better communication between our groups we have
created #redhat-cpe on Freenode IRC! Please feel free to catch us
there, a mail has landed on both the CentOS and Fedora devel lists
with context here.

High Level Project Updates:

CentOS

Due to team members traveling home from DevConf & FOSDEM, we don't
have many CentOS updates this week!

At the CentOS Dojo, we had a talk about DNS in centos.org and
letsencrypt dns challenges.

Some of the team also manned the booth at Fosdem.

Fedora

AAA Replacement

The team have been working on replacing the current FAS solution and
Rick Elrod presented their work to date at DevConf.cz

They are currently having open discussion about account migrations to
make sure there is a plan in place in time

We are also scoping the work involved to have CentOS use this account
system also - more details to follow on this soon!

General Updates

The GitForge ODF document is still open for consideration and comment
until Monday 10th February 2020.

There is some discussion on emails sent to both Fedora & CentOS devel
lists, so please take a look and we look forward to hearing your
feedback!

CI/CD

Release/Changelog

We have worked on the logic to find the next release for a package
based on the build history

https://pagure.io/Fedora-Infra/generate_changelog/blob/master/f/next_build.py

We have a POC of a script that generates a changelog from a git commit history

https://pagure.io/Fedora-Infra/generate_changelog/blob/master/f/generate_changelog.py

We are looking more into rpm macros vs rpm variable

We are looking at deploying a local koji instance so we can test our
POC work there before looking at pushing it to stg

Monitoring-gating

A script for single-build running in communishift for now

Single-build currently fails in staging:
https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8611

The multi-build monitoring script has been ported to the new structure

Sustaining

Kick off happening this week

The team are planning to work on

Infra and Releng tickets

Mbbox upgrade

Application Retirements

Elections

Move to communishift is on hold till the GDPR situation is clear

Fedocal

Jlanda wants to try different approach due to permission errors - no
new update https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8274

No progress on kanban board - looks abandoned
https://teams.fedoraproject.org/project/fedora-calendar/kanban

Nuancier

PR from sebwoj - no update

Benson Muite is now working on OIDC authentication

Did some changes

Trying to figure out, how to test these changes

Misc Updates

Pagure

Improvements around the pagure API tokens were made this week

Single template for the two pages

Include a link to where the token can be renewed in the email

Add the possibility to set your own expiration date (up to 2 years)

A couple of bugs were fixed in the /groups API endpoint that were
preventing the Fedora-Infra group from being added to some projects…

Anyita

Deploy new version of Anitya on production - 0.18.0 is now live

Move Anitya to fedora-infra

The-new-hotness

Continue working on Packit PR for the-new-hotness -
https://github.com/fedora-infra/the-new-hotness/pull/235 (currently on
hold, need some changes in the packit itself
https://github.com/packit-service/packit/issues/689)

Update OpenShift deployment config for the-new-hotness (Don’t trigger
build on config change automatically - this prevent double building on
new release)

Cleaning the-new-hotness issue tracker - 5 issues closed

Fedora-flatpack

Fix in Packit (https://github.com/packit-service/packit/pull/682)

Report few issues for flatpak-module-tools (Fedora flatpak)

https://pagure.io/flatpak-module-tools/issue/7

https://pagure.io/flatpak-module-tools/issue/6

https://pagure.io/flatpak-module-tools/issue/5

Note:

This document is currently built from individual reports rolled into a
document which we edit and copy into a final document. We are aware
that this causes problems with some email readers, and are working on
a method to make this less problematic.

Comments? Suggestions? Feedback? Let Us Know!

--
Aoife Moloney

Feature Driver

Community Platform Engineering Team