[CentOS-devel] Unshipped -devel packages in CentOS Linux

Mon Feb 10 00:51:38 UTC 2020
Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>

Am 05.02.20 um 04:10 schrieb Brian Stinson:
> On Tue, Feb 4, 2020, at 18:04, Tane Adam wrote:
>> Hi CentOS devs. Was there any resolution to this issue?
>>
>> I'm trying to rebuild krb5 but am running into trouble as libss-devel is
>> not available in 8.
>>
>> Any help or advice appreciated.

> Do you have a bug open on bugs.centos.org for libss-devel? If not, would you mind filing one against the CentOS-8 project?
>
> We're still gathering up bug reports but the plan is to dump things like this into a separate repository on a case-by-case basis. More details to come in an announcement here on centos-devel.

While compiling stuff here I already have this list of missing packages
(more are coming because some additional stuff are still in the build pipe).

libXvMC-devel
libbluray-devel
rest-devel
avahi-glib-devel
avahi-gobject-devel
avahi-ui-devel
totem-pl-parser-devel
libdmapsharing-devel

Should this really be done on a case-by-case basis? Why not providing
the separated repo with all missing assets? A keep it simple approach?
Upstream do not provide it because they do not give support for such
parts of RHEL. CentOS does not give any support anyway, so why holding
this back? Or is upstream slowing this down?

--
Leon