[CentOS-devel] SIG Key Needed

Thu Feb 20 08:59:20 UTC 2020
Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com>

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 08:08:50AM +0100, Matthias Runge wrote:
> On 18/02/2020 16:44, Irina Boverman wrote:
> > I need keys created for a Messaging Sig. I filled request back in Oct.
> > '19, but it is still outstanding. Can someone assist in creating this key?
> > https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=16198
> > --
> > Regards, Irina.
> >

> Irina,
>
> there is a key created and I have a centos-release-messaging package
> prepared (scratch-build is done as well), but until we have a mirror
> setup, there is not much use for the package. So, next step is to get
> the mirror space set up. I found for that step [1], but had no time to
> look at that in more detail yet.
>
> The paths are somewhat to be chosen by the SIG. I would like the CentOS
> project to define that kind of details. At the end, users are interested
> in getting the content; from a user perspective, there should be no
> difference, whether a package comes from
> mirror.centos.org/../messaging8/qpid-.../ or from
> mirror.centos.org/../messaging8/ (without the component name).

You probably want to have the component name in there. In the Storage
SIG we have Ceph, Gluster and NFS-Ganesha projects. Each project
provides a number of releases (with their own
centos-release-<project>-<version> RPM). That makes it easy for users to
select a version of a project, and stick to that without danger of
unexpected upgrades to a new major version.

See http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/storage/x86_64/ for the structure
we use.

https://git.centos.org/rpms/centos-release-gluster/tree/c7-sig-storage-7
contains the .spec and .repo file to support all architectures, in case
you want to compare it with your centos-release-messaging package.

HTH,
Niels