[CentOS-devel] A Big Idea for a New Decade [was: Minutes for CentOS Board of Directors 2019-12-18 Meeting]

Jonathan Billings

billings at negate.org
Tue Jan 7 19:00:53 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jan 07, 2020 at 06:54:36PM +0000, Young, Gregory wrote:
> Providing them to RHEL/CentOS through EPEL is also a good idea, but
> I would suggest we include the older versions in EPEL as well and
> mirror the current stable version from EPEL in the CentOS base.

Please don't.  It'd make CentOS provide something different than RHEL
and then people wouldn't be able to use CentOS as a reliable
testing/building environment for products built on RHEL.

I'm fine if you want to include them in a SCL or a SIG repo, just
don't put it in base unless you also convince RH to do it too.