[CentOS-devel] CentOS Stream -- centos-release

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Tue Jan 21 08:15:01 UTC 2020

On 21/01/2020 08:59, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 11:06:33AM -0500, Neal Gompa wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 11:05 AM Jan Pazdziora <jpazdziora at redhat.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> what is the mechanism of contributing change to CentOS Stream but not
>>> necessarily to CentOS? In RHEL, redhat-release package ships SWID
>>> tag(s) for the distribution. Looking at
>>>
>>>         http://mirror.centos.org/centos/8-stream/BaseOS/x86_64/os/Packages/
>>>
>>> redhat-release rpm is not included there but centos-release is, the
>>> same as in CentOS. What is the mechanism of submit pull request for
>>> centos-release which will end up in CentOS Stream?
>>
>> We use the same centos-release package in c8 branch for all variants
>> of CentOS 8, including CentOS 8 Stream. Send a PR there.
>>
>> Note that centos-release is evolving to be structured more like
>> fedora-release so that we can support variants better.
>
> Thank you!

Well, those are two different packages :

https://git.centos.org/rpms/centos-release
https://git.centos.org/rpms/centos-release-stream

and in the future, Stream will not depend anymore on centos linux, so
wouldn't include centos-release (no ETA for that yet)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab