[CentOS-devel] PaaS SIG plans for CentOS8 ?

Matthias Runge

mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Tue Jan 28 07:29:50 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 11:38:35AM +0100, Alfredo Moralejo Alonso wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While bootstraping CloudSIG dependencies for CentOS8 [1], we've hit an
> issue with etcd, which used to be part of RHEL/CentOS7 but it's not in 8.
>
> As I see etcd to be part of kubernetes family (although also used out of
> it) I wonder what are the plans for the PaaS SIG in terms of adoption of
> CentOS8, is there any plan to rebuild etcd/k8s for it?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Alfredo
>
> [1]
> https://cbs.centos.org/koji/builds?start=50&tagID=1887&order=-build_id&inherited=1&latest=1

On the same line, the Opstools SIG would like to build packages on
centos 8, especially in common and performance monitoring build roots.

I would also like to see buildroots for the messaging sig, since both
the cloudsig and also opstools have dependencies to qpid.

Matthias
--
Matthias Runge <mrunge at matthias-runge.de>