[CentOS-devel] CPE Weekly: 2020-01-17

Fri Jan 17 23:25:15 UTC 2020
Aoife Moloney <amoloney at redhat.com>

Hi everyone,

Welcome (back!) to the CPE team weekly project update mail!

Background:

The Community Platform Engineering group is the Red Hat team combining
IT and release engineering from Fedora and CentOS. Our goal is to keep
core servers and services running and maintained, build releases, and
other strategic tasks that need more dedicated time than volunteers
can give.

For better communication, we will be giving weekly reports to the
CentOS and Fedora communities about the general tasks and work being
done.  Also for better communication between our groups we have
created #redhat-cpe on Freenode IRC! Please feel free to catch us
there, a mail has landed on both the CentOS and Fedora devel lists
with context here.

High Level Project Updates:

CentOS

8.1.1911 is seeding out to the mirrors!

S3/Cloudfront distribution creation for Staging/PoC

“Live” on mirrorlists.stg.centos.org

CentOS 8 cloud images changes + jenkins jobs

Update made to CentOS installation guide, which was also updated in
the RHEL 7 installation guide too

https://github.com/CentOS/docs-installation-guide/pull/10

Fedora:

General Updates

Anitya is being prepared for a new release

https://teams.fedoraproject.org/project/community-fire-team/us/8?kanban-status=359
https://github.com/release-monitoring/anitya/milestone/5

RabbitMQ support for jms-messaging-plugin is merged

UI around the bugzilla overriding support in src.fp.o was reworked

Erlang stack in Fedora was rebuilt so it would work on the s390x architecture

OSBS aarch64 is in staging

Deploy OpenShift cluster on aarch64 boxes

Configured OSBS on the x86_64 and aarch64 Openshift cluster in staging

Test build is failing

Bodhi maintenance work

The team looked at https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8466

New Team Initiatives

CI/CD

Some of our team are working across CI/CD initiatives this year.

The team has identified a goal of Releng Automation, beginning with
monitoring gating workflow.

Right now they are forming their workflow so more updates to follow in
the coming weeks on progress they are making!

Sustaining

Some of our team are also going to be working across sustainability
initiatives, taking over more formally from the Community Fires Team.

Check out the list of repos this team will be monitoring for tickets >>here<<

We will have some weekly updates on tickets/issues resolved/needs
action in the coming weeks!

Application Retirements

GDPR conversations between CPE and Red Hat are still happening
surrounding some applications currently residing with the team

Elections [Michal]

Move to communishift is on hold till the GDPR situation is clear

Fedocal

Jlanda wants to try different approach due to permission errors
https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8274

No progress on kanban board - looks abandoned
https://teams.fedoraproject.org/project/fedora-calendar/kanban

Nuancier

PR from sebwoj - Porting to Fedora messaging

Schema completed

Few errors remains to be solved before merging

Benson Muite is now working on OIDC authentication - no update

Misc Fixes & Reviews

https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8515

https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8464

https://pagure.io/Fedora-Infra/distgit-bugzilla-sync/pull-request/41
https://pagure.io/Fedora-Infra/distgit-bugzilla-sync/pull-request/42
https://pagure.io/Fedora-Infra/distgit-bugzilla-sync/pull-request/44
https://pagure.io/Fedora-Infra/distgit-bugzilla-sync/pull-request/45
https://pagure.io/Fedora-Infra/distgit-bugzilla-sync/pull-request/46
https://pagure.io/Fedora-Infra/distgit-bugzilla-sync/pull-request/47

Docs Reviews

https://github.com/CentOS/docs-web-ui/pull/2

https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/quick-docs/pull-request/172

https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/quick-docs/pull-request/170

https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/quick-docs/pull-request/169

https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/quick-docs/pull-request/168

Note:

This document is currently built from individual reports rolled into a
document which we edit and copy into a final document. We are aware
that this causes problems with some email readers, and are working on
a method to make this less problematic.

Comments? Suggestions? Feedback? Let Us Know!

Kindest regards,
Aoife
--
Aoife Moloney