[CentOS-devel] Git Forge Requirements: Please see the CentOS blog - https://blog.centos.org/2020/01/git-forge-requirements-odf/

Tue Jan 21 22:04:00 UTC 2020
Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org>

Hi Everyone,

This email has me wearing multiple hats, both as a member of the CentOS
Project, and as a manager within RH's Community Platform Engineering
team. For those of you who may not be know, CPE is the team inside RH
responsible for CentOS and Fedora infra and engineering and is home to
many of the Project folks you may be used to working with such as
Fabian, Johnny, and Brian.

On behalf of the CPE team I want to draw the communities attention to a
recent blog post[1] which may impact you.

The TL;DR is we're attempting to determine if our needs are best served
by one of 3 solutions (in no particular order):

* Pagure
* Gitlab
* Github

We will be seeking input and requirements in an open and transparent
manner on the future of a git forge solution which will be run by the
CPE team on behalf of the CentOS community.

A similar message was sent to Fedora's devel list[2] as both projects
use Pagure so this message may be duplicated if you participate in both
communities.

If you have specific features, use cases or workflows you'd like us to
consider, please call them out to make sure they're heard. Rich Bowen
and I will be gathering these to bring to the CentOS Board as a
stakeholder as described in the blog post.

1. https://blog.centos.org/2020/01/git-forge-requirements-odf/

2.
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/message/YKA74LI7RU4PEQF3BOEL35MTVIRVHYUM/

Thanks!