[CentOS-devel] A Big Idea for a New Decade [was: Minutes for CentOS Board of Directors 2019-12-18 Meeting]

Sat Jan 11 21:57:33 UTC 2020
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 1/11/20 1:12 PM, Brian Stinson wrote:
> I think the pattern is different with CentOS Linux though. There isn't really much 'contribution' to be done because the idea is to match what comes from RHEL sources as closely as possible. We don't have individual package maintainers in CentOS because 99% of the time we can get builds through

I think the frustrating thing about CentOS is that when users ask why
delays are so long, the maintainers say "producing CentOS is't just a
matter of rebuilding Red Hat sources" and when users ask why there isn't
a process to contribute the maintainers say "we're just rebuilding Red
Hat sources, and we don't need help with that."