[CentOS-devel] RFC: Documentation SIG

Rich Bowen

rbowen at redhat.com
Tue Jul 7 14:13:12 UTC 2020

As per the process described at
https://wiki.centos.org/SIGGuide#SIGGuide.2FSIGProcess.Proposal I would
like to propose a Documentation SIG.

The SIG page -
https://wiki.centos.org/SIGGuide#SIGGuide.2FSIGProcess.Proposal - has
listed a Documentation SIG for some time, but the link went nowhere. Now
I propose that we formalize it.

The Documentation SIG is responsible for the content of the Wiki, and
other public sources of documentation. This includes, but is not limited to:

* Determining, and imposing, a hierarchy/architecture of content in the wiki
* Editing/pruning existing content when it is incorrect/outdated/obsolete
* Recruiting subject matter experts to do some of that editing
* Recruiting translators to keep our various translations in sync

primary channel of communication, but also raises issues to centos-devel
for clarification of specific details in the docs.

The following individuals have indicated interest in being the initial
membership of this SIG.

Rich Bowen <rbowen at centosproject.org>
Thibaut Perrin <thibaut.perrin at gmail.com>
Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro>
Pany <geekpany at gmail.com>
Earl Ramirez <earlaramirez at gmail.com>
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

You will note that, initially, the SIG is focused on the Wiki - work
which is already ongoing by this group and many others.

An actual SIG gives structure to this effort, authority to make larger
decisions about the documentation effort, a place/time to meet regularly
to encourage others to participate, and gives the effort more visibility
within the community.

We ask that the board acknowledge this request and let us know what the
next steps are.

Thanks.