[CentOS-devel] new krb5 packages brake freeIPA

Thu Jul 2 07:38:04 UTC 2020
Alexander Bokovoy <abokovoy at redhat.com>

On ke, 01 heinä 2020, Brian Stinson wrote:
>On Wed, Jul 1, 2020, at 14:33, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
>> On ke, 01 heinä 2020, lejeczek via CentOS-devel wrote:
>> >hi guys
>> >
>> >latest in the repo krb5 packages - 1.18.2-2.el8 - brake
>> >freeIPA if already installed and conflict if want to install.
>> >
>> ># dnf install -y ipa-server-dns
>> >Last metadata expiration check: 1:21:31 ago on Wed 01 Jul
>> >2020 11:00:25 BST.
>> >Error:
>> > Problem: package
>> >ipa-server-dns-4.8.4-7.module_el8.2.0+374+0d2d74a1.noarch
>> >requires ipa-server = 4.8.4-7.module_el8.2.0+374+0d2d74a1,
>> >but none of the providers can be installed
>> >  - conflicting requests
>> >  - nothing provides krb5-kdb-version = 7.0 needed by
>> >ipa-server-4.8.4-7.module_el8.2.0+374+0d2d74a1.x86_64
>>
>> Going back to the actual issue, the only solution right now is not to
>> use CentOS 8 Stream, at least until all the required rebuilds are in
>> place.
>>
>> Right now CentOS 8 Stream contains exactly same IPA version as CentOS
>> 8.2.2004. So you are not gaining anything by using the stream right now.
>
>In CentOS Stream we're working on staying caught up to RHEL 8.3
>development to jumpstart the automation that will handle this going
>forward. During this process we're finding that modules are a little
>bit unwieldy.

There are several rebases in RHEL 8.3 that require rebuild of idm module
streams: krb5, samba, libldb are the requirements that need to be
rebuilt before idm modules streams can be built. And changes in those
packages also require rebuilding SSSD.

I don't think there is a support for a combined non-modular + modular
sidetag rebuild in CentOS (it does not exist anywhere else too), so I
would suggest taking care of the rebuilds together before pushing them
into a publicly accessible tree. Otherwise there will be breakages like
this -- which apparently is there for more than 3 weeks already.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Sr. Principal Software Engineer